This website is owned by The Gordon Duncan Memorial Trust and the data controller is the Chair of the Trust, Mr Ian Duncan.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect your personal data including your name, address and email address; transactional data, such as purchase or donation information; and technical data such as your computer IP address.
Your personal and transaction data entered when you order in our shop or make a donation will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, and for donations and order fulfillment.
Personal and transaction shop or donations data will be kept for at least 7 years to comply with obligations to HMRC for tax purposes.
Personal data on award applications are used by the Trust to decide who should receive an award.
Award application data will be kept for at least 2 years to allow us to follow up on award testimonials.
Personal data submitted as part of a testimonial will be used to show how we spend Trust funds and to check how award recipients have used the monies they received.
Testimonial data will be kept for at least 7 years to show the Scottish Charities Regulator how we have spent the donations we have received.
Technical data is collected to track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website e.g. for the shopping cart
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website e.g. Google Analytics
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website e.g. to save your shopping cart
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer
- The referring website from which you came to our website
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data
- To see our most popular places our sponsors and users came from
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose your personal data:
- To the Trustees e.g. to consider award applications or to discuss donations and the financial position of the Trust
- To service providers e.g. parcel delivery companies to fulfil your order
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, and personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (e.g. sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right to request an export of the personal data which we may hold or process about you. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
How we protect your data
We have taken measures to protect data. This includes technical measures such as encryption; security measures such as two-factor authentication; and measures such as locking printed records and computers, and limiting those with access to the data.