Royal School of Dunkeld
The GDMT already generously covered the fees for Pete Clark and Hannah Fisher to deliver two workshops for the school. These were incredibly well received and had a real impact on the children who were able to participate. The youth musical thread running through anniversary celebrations also includes:
- New pipe tune “Proceed with Honour” composed for the anniversary was played as HRH the Earl of Wessex enters Dunkeld Cathedral for the 450th anniversary service.
- New fiddle tune composed for the anniversary by Pete Clark. Pete played three variations of his new tune “The Royal School of Dunkeld” to the children at his workshops and they selected the reel. Pete will debut this in the Cathedral during the anniversary service.
- Vale of Atholl Junior Pipe Band played to welcome HRH to the Royal Garden Party at the school.
- Young fiddlers from the Royal School of Dunkeld played the new tune with Pete Clark at the Royal Garden Party.
- The GDMT being recognised on the Order of Service and publicly from the stage as “Music Sponsor for the 450th anniversary”.